▪ Brand Management Social Media Management
▪ Affiliate Program Management
▪ Contract Negotiations/Partnerships
▪ P&L/Budgeting/Forecasting Customer Acquisition
▪ Media Planning & Buying
▪ Production Scheduling/Trafficking
▪ Market Segmentation
▪ Mobile Marketing and Monetization
▪ Ad Operations & Performance Analytics
▪ Web Analytics/Data Providers
▪ Landing Page Optimization
▪ Search Engine Marketing (SEM)
▪ Email Marketing
Skilled in Revenue & Monetization Modeling…Experience crafting the revenue strategy to support corporate goals and creating/managing the sales and marketing infrastructures to ensure revenue growth. Success building monetization plans to dramatically increase sales and take company from start-up to Series C funding.
Dual experience in buy-side e-commerce and sell-side branded advertising …Ability to optimize site monetization on the publisher side to garner lucrative recurring revenue streams and strategize media buys on the advertising side to ensure robust growth for clients at minimal costs.
Unique combination of business and technical skills…One of only a handful of people in the industry with demonstrated experience in online advertising, operations and infrastructure development, business development, and software engineering.
ANCHORFREE, Mountain View, CA
2009 to Present
Chief Digital Officer 2015- Present
Senior VP of Revenue & Ad Operations, 2009 to 2015
Creator of HotSpot Shield, the world’s largest consumer-based VPN for privacy and security of online users; allows users to responsibly access content and bypass censorship. 120M downloads desktop, 10M mobile and 5B monthly ad impressions.
Create and oversee revenue, sales & business development/reputation management strategy and manage mobile, banner ad, video, self-serve ad platform, search syndication, and installation path monetization channels. Sourced and hired key talent, set up inaugural processes for operations and educated advertisers on product benefits. 2013 P&L: $40M; Staff: Manage 6 employees and 2 off-shored offices in Hong Kong and Dubai. Currently opening satellite office in Dubai Media City. Clients: Symantec, McAfee, Google, Ask, Yahoo, Download.com, and government clients Voice of America and Radio Farda
• Grew revenues 114% first year and sustained annual growth rate; improved profit margin 40% in 4 years by optimizing existing accounts, sourcing new business, creating and diversifying revenue channels and targeting emerging markets.
• Conceived and launched 4 new products that currently account for 98% of revenues: Elite subscription-based version of signature Hotspot Shield product, Self-Serve ad platform for small advertisers, Installation path monetization and proprietary video business..
• Instrumental in closing $50M in Series C funding through Goldman Sachs. Acted as audit and due diligence liaison.
• Trimmed ad placement error rate by 93% by leveraging internal and external controls to secure 5 billion pages.
LSF INTERACTIVE, San Francisco, CA
2007 to 2009
VICE PRESIDENT, MEDIA
For this global online performance marketing and advertising agency, established company’s first online media infrastructure and created departments focusing on digital strategy, online sales, media planning, and buying; built/solidified company’s reputation as niche online marketer for EU brands. Managed onsite and offshored staff.
• Achieved 100% advertiser account retention rate and 30% year over year growth in B2B and B2C accounts in luxury goods, cosmetics, finance, insurance, media, gourmet food, and education verticals.
• Catapulted client to #1 cosmetics merchant on Commission Junction, the leading affiliate network by introducing new advertiser metrics to improve performance and leveraging online marketing channels (email marketing, social media, SEM, display media, and affiliate marketing).
• Launched public service video campaign, Why You Should Vote-Citizen’s Cry, under a tight budget and an exceptionally aggressive one month deadline coinciding with the 2009 Presidential election that garnered 5M views, dramatically exceeded all goals for views, ratings, and comments, surpassed campaign targets by 36%, and was recognized with YouTube’s Most Viewed News and Politics Video of All Time award.
• Planned, executed, and launched inaugural U.S. online presence for YSL’s Elle fragrance and partnered with the most influential beauty product bloggers to realize ROI in just 3 months, drive targeted customer engagement, achieve high quality traffic, (3 pages per visit), build relevance and optimize links, and secure a bounce rate of less than 20%.
• Increased profit margins by 15% and revenues by 10% by establishing processes and benchmarks for production and implementing standards and guidelines for fixed costs, terms of service, and set up fees.
YOUSENDIT.COM, Mountain View, CA
2005 to 2007
MEDIA & AD OPERATIONS DIRECTOR
For this digital content solutions company, built advertising department from scratch. Managed company’s ad-rep firms globally in the areas of reporting, campaign management, and revenue optimization.
• Maximized inventory with minimal costs and improved eCPM by 20%.
• Catapulted ad sales revenue from zero to $1M annually by monetizing 100% of ad space for both U.S. and international ads and received Show Me the Money award for efforts.
OPERATIVE, New York, NY
2003 to 2005
Recruited to this online advertising company to create all advertising operations processes from the ground up. Worked with multiple add platforms including Doubleclick. Managed and modified serving systems for publishers such as Economist.com, iVillage.com, Bolt.com, AOL.com, Rodale Group, Briefing.com and YouSendIt.com.
• Achieved 100% client retention and raised customer satisfaction exponentially by implementing systems to increase operational efficiencies by 20%.
• Accelerated sales by 50% by developing a sales report card system to measure and track team performance. YouSendIt.com Representative Clients
Between 1996 and 2000, held corporate marketing and account manager positions at Sitebank and Interbank in Turkey.
Education & Certifications
University of Notre Dame
Process Implementation and Quality AssuranceCONFLICT MANAGEMENT & NEGOTIATION & MEDIATION, University of Notre Dame, Mendoza College of Business, 2014 - 2015
SIX SIGMA GREENBELT CERTIFICATION, 2004
Process Implementation and Quality Assurance
PERSONAL SOFTWARE PROCESS I & II SOFTWARE ENGINEERING, 2002
Carnegie Mellon University, Pittsburgh, PA, 2002
MASTER OF SCIENCE, ECONOMICS
Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey, 1996
Research & Teaching Assistant /Economics Department
Published Masters Thesis: Effects of European Union Customs Declaration on Aegean Region's Industrial Community
BACHELOR OF SCIENCE, ECONOMICS
Dokuz Eylul University, Izmir, Turkey, 1993